Our History

Our History

Our Lady of Lourdes Secondary School, Roberson, was founded by The Holy Faith Sisters in 1924, at the invitation of the Bishop of Ossory. A lodge at the gate of the convent (formerly a fever hospital) served as a school for the first year. The following year, a purpose-built school was opened. The first boarders were accommodated at Our Lady of Lourdes in 1948;a facility which the Holy Faith Sisters offered to students until the phased closure of the boarding school began in 1995. The introduction of Free Education in 1967 resulted in vigorous growth in pupil numbers during the seventies and eighties and necessitated several phases of extensions, which included the addition of a hard surface sport’s area with basketball courts, tennis courts and an athletics track

Facilities at the school have been and are continually updated and modernised to meet the ever-changing needs of pupils and their families. In 1997 The Wexford School of Music opened it New Ross School at Our Lady of Lourdes, Roberson and Bishop Forristal announced that the Diocese of Ossory was to take over responsibility for the Trusteeship of the School l from the Holy Faith Sisters. In September 1998, Our Lady of Lourdes opened with its first lay Principal and a Board of Management.

.

Upcoming Events

No events found

Calendar

loader

 OUR LADY OF LOURDES AND CBS PRESENTS

In St. Michael’s Theatre, New Ross

december 2016